If you have additional questions please call us at (678) 778-8890, or fill out our online contact form.
Failure to follow instructions below may result in the accidental deployment of “air bag”, “seat belt”, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag or seat belt.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
To remove your airbag module, follow these steps:
- First, find the SRS computer module, which is typically located beneath the center console between the two front seats. In some cars, it can be found in the center of the dash on the floor. In GM cars, the SRS computer module is located beneath the driver or passenger seat.
- After you’ve found the SRS computer module, disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Wait three minutes, and then unplug the airbag control module harness wiring plugs.