SRS Airbag Module Common Locations
- Under the Radio on the Floor
- Under the Center Console
- Under Front Driver Seat, on the floor, under the carpet
- Under Front Passenger Seat, on the floor, under the carpet
Failure to follow instructions below may result in the accidental deployment of “air bag”, “seat belt”, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag or seat belt.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
To remove your airbag module, follow these steps:
- First find the srs computer module. In most cars it is under the center console
that is between the two front seats, or center of the dash on the
floor. In most GM cars it is under the driver or passenger seat.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable and wait 3 min.
- You are now safe to unplug the airbag control module harness wiring plugs.
To install your airbag module:
- All airbag srs components must be installed and connected properly before
installing the airbag control module. This includes air bags, seat belts,
clock spring and impact sensors.
- Disconnect the battery and bolt down the module and then connect the harness
- Connect the battery and you are done!
Disclaimer: The buyer assumes all risks associated with removing, installing, and usage of a re-manufactured part(s).
If you have additional questions please call us at (678) 778-8890, or fill out our online contact form.