Airbag Module Reset
- Vehicle was in an accident and airbags deployed or seat belts locked?
- Airbag light on?
- Seat belt locked?
- Scan tool reads “crash data stored”
Airbag Light On?
If your airbag light is on, our certified technicians can help you solve your airbag light issue. After a collision in which airbags inflate, the airbags need to be replaced and the airbag module needs to be replaced or reset. It can be costly to replace the airbag module. Often car dealerships need to special order the airbag module, which incurs more fees.
At MyAirbags, we simplify things for you and your wallet. Our certified technicians reset all airbag module codes after vehicle was in an accident.
The highly trained staff of MyAirbags resets both hard and soft codes, leaving the airbag module new again. Hard codes or crash data, which is cleared in our airbag module reset process, cannot be cleared by dealer or scan tools. MyAirbags restores the airbag module to factory settings and does not require any additional programming before the unit is reinstalled in the car.
Airbag Module Removal
To remove your airbag module, follow these steps:
- Locate SRS airbag computer module.
- After you’ve found the SRS computer module, disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Wait three minutes, and then unplug the airbag control module harness wiring plugs.
- Send the airbag computer module to us for airbag module reset.
Airbag Module Installation
- Check that all airbag SRS components installed and connected properly.
- Disconnect the battery terminals
- Carefully insert the module and connect the harness wiring plugs.
- Bolted down airbag control module
- Re-connect the battery terminals.